Dear Mr. Plame
I am writing to express my interest in the Employment Advisor position you recently advertised. As a strong candidate I offer excellent analytical and communication skills combined with an extensive knowledge of the EEOC harassment and discrimination laws and regulations. I possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Personnel Management along with nine years of Employment Advisor experience in a large corporation.
In my current employment advisor position I put my skills to work in analysing compensation packages and making recommendations to corporate management regarding different levels of compensation the company should offer. Additionally I have developed methods for employment policy and processes improvement and authored reports for corporate dissemination. My sound decision-making and mediation skills come into play when I negotiate with benefits providers on behalf of employees to secure the best rates and services. Additionally I plan and design new employee orientations to foster positive perception of the workplace environment. My extensive knowledge of labour law and regulations allow me to identify problem areas and present potential solutions to management.
I present a strong candidate for the Employment Advisor role. My resume is enclosed for your consideration. I look forward to meeting with you to discuss my qualifications and your corporation.
Career Advisor Cover Letter
Career Advisors help people advance their career by making the right decisions related to education, training, and employment. Essential work responsibilities of a Career Advisor are interviewing clients, identifying missing skills, helping clients to create action plans, referring people to training courses, providing information about the current job market, presenting personal development topics, monitoring client progress, participating to career fairs, and updating their knowledge of labor legislation.
Those looking to work as Career Advisors should be able to demonstrate the following skills throughout their cover letters:
- Counseling skills
- Communication and listening abilities
- A non-judgmental approach
- Problem-solving orientation
- Computer competences
- Being able to work individually or as part of a team
- Empathy and an approachable manner
The cover letter sample beneath showcases relevant Career Advisor skills and abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Career Advisor Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Walters:
Upon learning of your need for a new Career Advisor, I hastened to submit my resume for your consideration. As a client-centric and accomplished professional with 10+ years of strong experience assessing client objectives and recommending appropriate steps to help them achieve their professional goals, I am confident that I would make a valuable contribution in this position.
My background spans excellent experience consulting with professionals from diverse ranks, positions, and careers to evaluate their skill set, identify areas for further training and focus, and recommend appropriate job search and interview strategies. With proven expertise in assessing / identifying strengths, weaknesses, and relational competencies—coupled with strong inner motivation and superior organization and interpersonal talents—I am well prepared to excel in this role.
Highlights of my qualifications include…
- Conducting initial client assessments, reviewing their employment histories, uncovering potential areas of career interest, identifying education and training needs, and serving as a key resource and chief point of contact to coordinate the resources and tools required to meet each client’s unique goals.
- Leading career development and counseling sessions to participants ranging from new college graduates, to recently laid-off corporate workers, to military personnel looking to transition into the civilian sector.
- Remaining up-to-date on job market trends, salary standards, and hiring opportunities.
- Maintaining a high volume of cases while managing documentation and tracking client status.
- Possessing superior written and verbal communication skills, as well as exceptional relationship management, collaborative leadership, and problem-solving talents.
With my strong background and my demonstrated commitment to achieving client career goals, I am sure to be a strong contributor to your team. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this position and my qualifications with you in more detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Ann F. Phillips