Problem Solution Essay Topics List
A problem solution essay is one that identifies a specific problem and then provides a plan or a solution for the same. Like other essays, people often find it hard to decide on a topic especially when the instructor asks students to come up with their own topics. Students are always advised to select topics they are well acquainted with or something they are passionate about. Additionally, when writing an essay, it is also necessary to consider choosing a topic which has a viable or practical solution. Topic selection often determines a person’s grade and therefore, students should take their time instead of rushing to write on anything that comes to their minds first.
Here are topic examples to help you write your problem-solution essay:
- Discuss ways which can be used to stop social media bullying.
- How should the US approach the issue of undocumented immigration?
- Discuss ways which can be employed to solve the Syrian refugees’ issue.
- What are some of the steps that universities should take to prevent sexual assault?
- How should the US approach the issue of mass shootings?
- How can the rift between the police and communities be bridged?
- What can be done to stop police brutality?
- What can be done to help sensitize and get people out of abusive relationships?
- How can interpersonal communication be improved in today’s online world?
- How can depression be dealt with especially in teenagers and young adults?
- What can be done to help break down ethnical and cultural barriers?
- Discuss ways that can be used to help deal with bullies and manipulative individuals.
- How can suicidal people be sensitized and be encouraged to seek help and talk about their issues?
- Discuss ways that can be used to help prevent teenage pregnancies.
- What steps need to be taken to help eliminate the issue of homelessness in our communities?
- What should be done to help reduce the number of teenagers dropping out of school?
- Suggest ways that can be adopted to help reduce the social inequality gap.
- What can the government do to help lessen the burden of student loan debts?
- What can the local governments do to help reduce the unemployment rates?
- Even in the 21st century, child labor is still a major problem. What laws should the world enact to help deal with the scourge?
- How should the US and the world approach the issue of terrorism?
- Discuss ways the government and the general public can use to help deal with the issue of worker exploitation.
- Gun violence is indeed on the rise, suggest ways to help deal with this malaise.
- What are some of the ways to help the victims of war?
- What are some of the ways the government can use to make the public more receptive towards former criminals?
- Divorce numbers are indeed on the rise. What can be done to help reduce this percentage?
- Regardless of the increased sensitization, deaths as a result of drunk driving continue to increase. Suggest ways to help prevent the loss of lives as a result of the same.
- Illiteracy levels are indeed high. Suggest ways to help improve literacy levels.
- Human trafficking is indeed a scourge that needs to be eliminated. Discuss ways the world can adopt to help eliminate it.
- How should the world deal with the issue of global warming?
- What should be done to eliminate the problem of online data mining?
- How best can we deal with the cyberbullying problem?
- Should celebrities be protected from the nosy media?
- What should be done to help mitigate the inclusion of extremely graphical images in video games and movies?
- What can be done to make sure every person’s healthcare is guaranteed?
- How can the government and the private help increase the employment rates?
- How can education be made more affordable?
- What should be done to help reduce the dependence of money in politics?
- Discuss ways you think government surveillance is infringing on its people rights. How can this issue be dealt with?
- How can the government protect endangered wildlife?
- What can the government and the private sector do to reduce environmental pollution?
- Racism is indeed a thorn in our community. How can it be eliminated or mitigated?
- How can teachers help children who are victims of family abuse?
- What should be done to help increase the number of students who qualify for college education?
- What should students do to overcome the issue of postponing or procrastinating?
- Discuss ways that can help reduce the lung cancer problem.
- What should the government do to help deal with the issue of youth unemployment?
- Discuss ways we can adopt to help reduce air pollution.
- What can we do to help prevent the imminent ecological collapse?
- How can we reduce the impact of natural disasters?
- Suggest ways which can be employed to help reduce domestic violence cases.
- Discuss ways that should be adopted to help solve the ‘one size fits all’ approach to education.
- Discuss ways employers can use to motivate their employees.
- How can managers solve communication problems within their organizations?
- What should teachers do to help improve or boost creative thinking in students?
- Suggest ways students can adopt to help balance their school work and social life.
- How should companies deal with internet spams that seek to mine data?
- How should employees approach the issue of discrimination within the work place?
- How can families be sensitized to help reduce the increasing number of family breakdowns?
- What can be done to help reduce teenage smoking and alcohol intake?
- What legal procedures should be adopted to help eliminate corruption in the public offices?
- How should the government deal or help reduce the high cost of leaving?
- What should be done to help deal with segregation laws as well as the poor treatment of special needs students?
- What measures can schools adopt to help eliminate exam cheating?
- What should the responsible bodies do to help discourage the use of animals in scientific research?
- What should teachers do to help reduce and eliminate the issue of early pregnancy?
- What laws need to be enacted to help eliminate the issue of texting while driving?
- How can teachers help their students to improve their self-confidence?
- Suggest ways students can use to help improve their focus and concentration.
- How can people reduce anxiety?
- How can big cities reduce the problem of car accidents?
- Discuss ways which can help improve a child’s memory.
- How can society lower alcoholism rates?
- How can we deal with the issue of racial inequality within certain public offices and organizations?
- What are some of the ways that can be adopted to help teenagers avoid succumbing to eating disorders?
- How can teachers and parents make sure that children are appropriately using social media?
- Which programs should be introduced to make it easier to identify highly talented students?
- What can be done within the education curriculum to help make schools more accommodative and impactful towards special needs students?
- How can teachers help make their students more accommodative towards ethnically or culturally different students?
- Suggest ways that can be adopted to help obese people reduce weight?
- What should be done to help reduce heart related diseases?
- What approach should the police take to help reduce the number of criminal gangs?
- What laws need to adopted to help stop hate-speech?
- How can nepotism within our work places be stopped?
- How can teens’ isolation and loneliness be reduced within the school?
- What should be done to help reduce or deal with the problem of overpopulation?
- What laws or reforms to the current laws should cities adopt to help reduce traffic jams?
- How can students be motivated to attend lectures?
- What should teachers to help accommodate slow learners?
- Suggest ways students can adopt to help reduce or eliminate insomnia.
- What should be done to help eliminate identify theft?
- Discuss ways teachers can use to encourage teamwork among students?
- Discuss ways teachers can employ to discourage any cases of racial discrimination?
- Suggest ways employers can employ to help reduce and eliminate work stress among their employers.
- How can we save the ailing environment and reduce deforestation?
- What can be done to help reduce the number of forest fires recorded in a year?
- Discuss ways which can be adopted to help big cities reduce air pollution?
- What can the world do to help protect women and children during war?
- How can organizations eliminate gender-based discrimination?
- What should the world do to eradicate the seasonal issue of hunger?
- What can teachers do to help reduce laziness among students?
Do you spend countless hours trying to look for the best problem-solution essay topics? Why bite your nails so much when problems are so many around you? Brainstorming for the best idea can be hectic I agree. This is especially the case when you have lots of ideas to choose from. Basically, problem solution essays identify a problem which you try to solve. The only thing here is that you defend or argue for a set course of action and counter-argue against the others. When you have so many topics to talk about, choose what you’re passionate about and it will be super-easy for you to develop a substantial argument for it. Let’s take a quick look at some of the most interesting problem solution essay topics for students that will help you in writing an essay.
These are pretty common phenomena on campus and college grounds and its time somebody stood up for the act. Something should be done to stop or at least lower the cases of sexual assaults both in school and the society at large. An argumentative essay can be formulated to discuss some steps that can be taken by university administration to stop these vices.
A well-developed argumentative essay can be designed to discuss such questions as: what hinders people from asking for help before committing suicides? What are the relevant organizations/ authorities doing on these suicides? What programs have been established in schools and just how effective have they been in eradicating or lowering the suicide cases?
Generally, crime is there in almost all campuses and countries at large. People are demonstrating every now and then because of a robbery somewhere, murder and such criminal activities. Crime is such a huge topic that you can always discuss and find some solutions. Community-based policing can be a fruitful solution. You just have to ask the right questions!
Needless to say, corruption is a major problem that still affects most institutions and countries especially in the developing countries. What factors contribute to corruption? What legal procedures have been set to address this vice? How effective have they been and what can be done to change the situation as it is now?
Bullying and Other Forms of Harassment in Schools
This is one of the best problem-solution essay topics for college students. In as much as bullying is there in high schools, it’s also a menace for some college students.
Adoption and Population Control
Let’s face it! The world population is growing at a very high rate and if something is not done, we’ll be more than the globe can support. It’s time we addressed adoption policies and altered them a little bit to encourage more people to adopt the neglected and homeless children.
Long-term unemployment needs to be addressed since it’s a reality in modern society. Whose role is it to create jobs? What rules/ laws exist regarding unemployment? Should corporations be tasked with the role of creating jobs or should this be federal/ local government’s job? What risk factors predispose individuals to unemployment and how can these be dealt with?
Student Loans and Higher Education Affordability
Higher education can be very expensive for students from certain backgrounds. Unemployed parents/ guardians, those with special needs, the sick and the elderly might find it difficult to raise the required fees. What happens in such a scenario? What are the governments/ relevant authorities doing to curb these issues? How do you expect an unemployed graduate to pay for the hefty student loans used to pay for their fees?
Cash Management While at School
Many students don’t know how to plan for their money. I think it’s high time we admitted that this is one issue that contributes to other later issues. Assume that a student carelessly misuses their money before the semester is over. What do they resolve to? Crime, drug abuse and other vices to support their stay while at school. What can be done to address this issue?
Homelessness and Home Foreclosures
There are many homeless people simply because they were subjected to some foreclosures following some unpaid debts or rent. What policies can be established to reduce the burden of owning a home? Are there rules protecting the home owners? If yes, just how effective are they?
Inflation and High Cost of Living
Why is the cost of living so high? What is the federal government doing about it? What can I do about it?
Application-Based Learning Vs. Book-Knowledge
The current system of education is so much into books rather than practical skills (at least in most countries). Should new policies or curriculum be introduced to focus much on practical and application based learning?
This is common in homes where one parent or both are drunkards or drug abusers. However, these are not the only contributory factors so you could look into some more of these. You could also look into possible remedies.
Undocumented immigration has been associated with some criminal activities and drug trafficking. What policies are in place to address the issue? What factors are considered before deportation?
Relationships and Faithfulness
Students face lots of relationship issues. What does the law say about these? What does the school administration do in such scenarios?
Special Needs Children in Normal Schools
Segregation and poor treatment of students with special needs is a common problem in normal schools. These children are always in jeopardy from the others, sometimes being bullied and treated differently by the teachers.
Exams should be made stringent so that cheating is dealt with in schools. In your argumentative essay, try to look at some ways to make them strict.
Drug Abuse Amongst Students
Why do students engage in drug abuse? How should this be dealt with?
Are the existing programs working towards literacy promotion? What other approaches can be used?
Are the existing laws promoting the privacy of the general public from government spying? Does the public need to know that they’re being spied on? What rights do they have against the matter at hand? What is influence of technology on students that also affect other’s privacy?
Money in Politics
Are politicians allowed to squander public funds to carry out their campaigns? Do they do it anyway? What steps can we take to stop this?
How effective are environmental pollution laws? Are industries following these laws? If not, what is being done to fight pollution?
Use of Animals in Scientific Research
What are the ethics of animal use in scientific research? Are they seriously being followed? What bodies look into this issue? Do they do their jobs?
In as much as we have child labor laws, does this mean they’re followed to the latter? What penalty is charged under the circumstances of child labor? Is it working or is there an alternative?
Beauty Promotion Via Plastic Surgery
How right is beauty promotion through plastic surgeries? Are there side effects? Are the ‘patients’ aware of these?
Its time you followed this guide to become a successful student. These 25 eye opener topics will help you complete your argumentative essay without many hassles.
essay writingwriting tipsproblem solution essayessay topics