Student Life & Leadership Student Ambassadors
The Student Ambassador Program is a leadership program that offers Rio Hondo College students an opportunity to represent and promote Rio Hondo College to prospective students, their families, and other guests. Student Ambassadors will be able to help educate visitors about the campus life, history, traditions and achievements of the college through supporting the Student Life & Leadership departments, conducting campus tours, supporting high school recruitment events, and supporting Presidential and Foundation functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Student Life & Leadership department events (Including, but not limited to: Freshman Welcome Days, Information Center, Senior Preview Day, Women’s History Conference, Commencement)
- Conduct Campus Tours
- Meet and greet prospective students, families, alumni, and special guests
- Assist in Foundation Fundraising/Community Relation efforts
- Represent the college at off-campus events as needed
- Provide assistance in the office
- Perform other duties as assigned
Student Ambassador Eligibility Criteria
- Must have successfully completed at least six (6) units at Rio Hondo College prior to applying
- Must be enrolled in and successfully complete six (6) units per semester at RHC
- Must have and maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA at RHC while in the program
- Must be a student in good standing and not on Academic, Progress, or Disciplinary Probation
- Must have an updated Education Plan on file at all times
- Must commit to working a full academic year
- Must pay the College Service Fee each semester
Student Ambassador Time Commitments
- Must be available to attend mandatory weekly meetings on Mondays from 12:00pm – 1:00pm
- Must be available to attend all Training Sessions and Retreats Throughout the Year
- Must commit to working a full academic year beginning Fall through Spring and Summer
Student Ambassador desired Skills/Characteristics
- Enthusiasm to positively represent Rio Hondo College
- Knowledge of Rio Hondo College Programs and Services
- Ability to work with diverse groups
- Organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills in one-on-one and group setting
- Dependable, outgoing, and enthusiastic
- Possess the ability to listen, problem solve, and react quickly
Student Ambassadors are paid a stipend at the end of each semester that they are in the program. This is according to the most updated stipend scale on file with the Student Life & Leadership Department. It can range from $100-$500 per semester.
Instructions for Applying
Applications can be found HERE or in the Rio Hondo College Community Portal on OrgSync.com. Paper applications can also be picked up from the Student Life & Leadership Department. Recruitment for Student Ambassadors takes place every summer. Students must be available to commit a full academic year beginning in the summer and through the fall and spring. To be considered, students must submit the application by the priority deadline, which is July 31st, 2017, but applications are accepted year-round.
The application process consists of the following:
- Completed Student Ambassador Application
- Available for an Interview during the first week of August 2017
- A Letter of Recommendation from faculty or staff member at RHC
- Consideration of your Availability & Work Plan
As an ambassador for Imperial College Business School, your fundamental role will be to help prospective students learn more about the Business School and their programme of choice.
Ambassadors may be requested to participate in a number of ways, depending on their particular set of skills/capabilities and preferences. Ambassadorial duties may include:
- Assistance at recruitment events (including on-campus and online information sessions and London-based fairs).
- Participation in student panels at information sessions (involving public speaking).
- Individually contacting prospective students via email and/or social media.
- Contribution to our social media activities.
- Being a student blogger for the Business School website.
- Contribution to promotional materials (such as programme brochures, website profiles, videos or media articles) by attending photo shoots, film shoots or providing written content such as quotes and completed questionnaires.
- Participation in focus groups and market research.
Other opportunities to represent the Business School may arise throughout the year.